My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Birds Are Away

Yesterday I took the Chinese SAT Subject Test. It was supposed to start at eight o' clock, but we didn't get to enter the classrooms until after nine. Apparently some of the test monitors were late, so we had to wait for them. And then this chick passed out (probably from hyperventilation due to stress or something along those lines) and we had to wait a bit more so that she could be taken care of. Finally I got to my room, only to discover that my monitor was an absolute idiot. Please. How hard is it to take role? He kept skipping names and repeating names and I was getting pretty annoyed. Then he tried to pass out the test booklets. I say "tried" because all he had to do was pass out six books and answer sheets per row. But NO, he was passing out stacks of three and eight and separating the books from the answer documents. By the time we got it sorted out, it was ten thirty. My test should have been finished already. Otherwise, it was okay. I think I did pretty well.

In other news, I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory last night. Or is it Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I can never remember. Anyway, it was the remake with Johnny Depp. I freaking love that man. I don't care if he's old enough to be my dad, he's foxy as fuck.

Right now I'm looking at the garden. Due to the torrential rains of the past two days, the plants are vibrantly green. It's so cold, though. It's so cold that the birds won't come out. I miss them and their cute little chattering. I put out a pine cone with peanut butter and birdseed, which they love, but I haven't seen them at all today. Their absence makes me feel a bit depressed and lonely.

4 comments:

thumbsUpsmile said...

I'm incredibly jealous of your living surroundings, Minnesota is generally democratic but there are still enough uneducated, right wing hicks around here that it can make one scream.

Maybe I'll have to move to San Francisco and live above an eclectic coffeeshop and wake up every morning to smell of fresh chai... or is that just my romanticized version of the city?

Michael said...

Hi,

My name is Michael, I'm 17 and I go to school and live in Hong Kong.

I was just roaming around and found your blog. You seem quite chilled and cool and all, so I'm following you.

Was the Chinese SAT Test easy?

Johnny Depp is awesome.

Michael.

Michael said...

I do speak Mandarin. It's very natural for me since I live here.

我可以用汉语跟你谈谈啊! 对我来说,学汉语是一件很平常的事因为我住在香港。

Michael.

Zoe said...

How do you type Chinese?!

wo de dian nao bu neng da han zi :(