My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A to Z

26 of my most recent favorite words, because of either cool definition or pronunciation:

anserine - 1) of or like a goose 2) stupid; foolish
blitz - a sudden, overwhelming, or destructive attack
conk - 1) [Brit.] the nose 2) the head 3) a blow on the head
dindle - to tingle or vibrate, as with or from a loud sound
eupeptic - 1) of or having normal digestion 2) healthy and happy; cheerful
flab - sagging, flaccid flesh
gnu - a large African antelope
hoopla - great excitement; bustle
izzard - the letter Z
jowl - the fleshy hanging part under the lower jaw
kolo - a Serbian folk dance performed by a group in a circle
lubber - a big, slow, clumsy person
mump - 1) to mumble; mutter 2) [old slang] a) to beg b) to cheat
naif - a naive person
omnipotent - having unlimited power or authority
pickle - an awkward or difficult situation; plight
quintillion - the number represented by 1 followed by 18 zeros
rutabaga - a turniplike plant with a large, yellow, edible root
squid - (so much fun to say; try it!) a long, slender, carnivorous cephalopod with eight arms and two long tentacles
tiglon - the offspring of a male tiger and a female lion (note: not a liger)
uxorious - dotingly or irrationally fond of or submissive to one's wife
vox - voice
willy-willy - 1) a severe tropical cyclone 2) a whirlwind over a desert
xyster - a surgical instrument for scraping bones
yoicks - [Brit.] a cry used for urging on the hounds in fox hunting
Zoe - [Greek, lit. "life"] a feminine name

4 comments:

Michael said...

What a great idea for a post. I think I might nab this idea off you. Although, I'll have to think quite a bit as there are so many, many words to choose from.

Really cool.

Michael.

Robot Nine said...

I had that same image of :today I am a robot, on my robot post. Like it!

Zoe said...

Did you search "robot" in Google images? Lol I did

thumbsUpsmile said...

Okay so I was at the library, and I decided to look through the new CD section and I stumbled across a Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds album! I recognized your name from the playlist you have on your page, and the one post you did after their concert, and they sounded pretty interesting.

So guess what? I listened to them, and they are AWESOME.

Thanks for the reccomendation, even if it was unintentional.