My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School Again

It's been a while since I posted anything new, as I'm sure my extremely large and devoted fan base has realized. (....Not.) The reason for this is my recent return to that hell-hole called high school. I am currently a junior, and it's not very fun.

I start off the day with AP Chinese. Now I am half Chinese and half German, but I am the only person in my entire class whose veins contain any non-Asian blood. It's ridiculous. I don't even like Chinese that much. I'm only taking it because my Chinese mother (who can't speak a word of Chinese herself, I guess she wants me to keep the heritage alive and kicking) insisted on it. Sometimes it feels like the whole class is against me, because I'm that dumb white devil in the back of the room. Not pleasant.

Anyhoo, then I go downstairs to English. This is my first year taking an elective English, and I chose Comedy and Satire. Quite possibly the best decision I've made in a long time! I am the freakin' bomb in that class, probably because I'm so damn witty and sarcastic. The only downside was that we had to read Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, which I found pretentious and pretty pointless. The good news is, we're moving on to Candide by Voltaire (which is, by the way, hilarious and fun to read).

After that I have AP Chemistry. Again, I am the only one with any Caucasian blood, and it's kind of awkward. It's not a bad class, though. My teacher, Dr. Marten, is a monotoned, bespectacled, professorly-type guy. He spent the first day presenting us with his "Life in a Box", which is basically a box full of his credentials and diplomas and pictures of him with Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Then I have to rush downstairs to APUSH, or AP United States History. If you are wondering why I am taking so many APs, I don't have an answer for you. I was going to take four (the fourth being AP Psychology) but I decided that more than three might kill me. My teacher Mr. Schwartz is a very nervous guy. He talks nervously and wears gloves all the time (except when passing out papers) and has an awkward sort of giggle. But he's great. He's one of those teachers who is passionate about what he does. If you are ever fortunate enough to have a teacher like this, savor it. The downside of this class is the homework load. In fact, right after I finish this post I have to get back to outlining a section about the colonization of New England.

After lunch I have Drama. Even though I've already fulfilled my Visual and Performing Arts requirements needed for graduation, I'm taking this class because I love acting. Speaking of acting, the cast list for the fall play is coming out in three or four days. We're doing The Crucible. Now that I've done my auditions and call-backs, all I can do is cross my fingers and hope that I get a the role of Mary Warren. I am in love with the character and I want this more than anything in the world right now, but there's nothing I can do except wait. Wish me luck.

Lastly, but not leastly, I have Pre-Calculus. Even though I signed up for Ms. K, a very stupid but extremely nice teacher, I got shoved into the class of Mr. Hunt, otherwise known as Mr. Cunt. Pardon my French, please. I had him for Geometry and he basically ruined my life. I was so pissed off at getting him again that I stormed into the counseling office with a letter from my parents, begging to be moved out. I even supplied a letter from my therapist saying that since I have ADD, I should be transferred to a learning environment that would be more beneficial to my mental health. Because seriously, he's an asshole. And guess what?! They're going to move me out!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

1 comment:

mr maroon said...

Allow me to thank you for your comment on my blog (http://200colours.blogspot.com). You probably don't remember what I'm on about - it was an age ago! But y'know, I've been busy =]

Also allow me to applaud your writing style. Clear, concise and 'flowery' when necessary!

Much love,

mr_maroon.