The Blood Centers of the Pacific 10 Reasons to Donate Blood:
- Blood transfusions save lives.
- There's no substitute for human blood.
- Every three seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion.
- About 60 percent of the population are eligible to donate blood, yet less than five percent do.
- A pint of blood, separated in to components, can help up to three people.
- You'll make your community a safer place.
- Fulfills your desire to "give back" to the community.
- You'll receive a mini physical (blood pressure, temperature, iron level).
- You'll learn your blood type.
- It's safe, simple and it saves lives.
The best part is, they give you a coupon for one pint of Baskin Robbins ice cream in return for your one pint of donated blood. Delicious.